Last Updated: Dec 8, 2020
A baby’s arrival always brings so much joy and excitement for friends and family members, especially if the woman expecting is having her first child. As the due date nears and your baby shower invitation arrives in the mail, you’ll want to start looking for the perfect baby shower gift and baby shower card to bring to the upcoming celebration. To help you write a great message for your baby shower card, we put together a list of our 50 favorite things to get you started with your message for the mommy-to-be sure to prepare her for motherhood and keep her inspired to be the best mom she can be.
From baby shower wishes that will make mom giggle to inspiring quotes on what it’s like to be a new parent, you can rest assured you’ll find an adorable baby shower message to add to your card. After you’ve crafted the perfect baby shower messages for baby shower invitations, keep reading below for some helpful tips on hosting a baby shower to help the mom being celebrated have a memorable day. Whether you’re trying to think of the baby shower perfect theme, deciding what kind of food to serve, or when and where to hold the special celebration, we’ve got you covered.
Jump to a specific section:
Traditional Baby Shower Messages
If the mom-to-be is expecting her first baby, add one of these traditional baby shower wishes to tug at her heartstrings. Becoming a mom for the first time is one of the most exciting times in her life and can be a little bit scary as she is going to be experiencing new things with a child. That’s why its so important to reassure, and encourage her and her partner that they will be amazing parents and do a great job raising their son or daughter. Choose a cute design, personalize it with her name and add it to the card goes along with her gift, or use one of these quotes to write a card for her well-wishes box.
- Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! Can’t wait to see their beautiful smile.
- May you have a safe delivery and a speedy recovery. Best wishes to your growing family.
- Many congrats to the new parents-to-be! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with your new baby.
- Your baby will be so loved and cherished! Can’t wait to meet the little one.
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness to you and your little miracle.
- Congratulations on this new adventure! It’s sure to be a great one.
- May your journey be one filled with love, happiness, and adventure.
- Welcome to the world, little one! You’re already so loved.
- May your life as parents bring you many blessings and joy.
- Best wishes on the arrival of your first baby!
Funny Baby Shower Wishes
- Parenting: when hard labor and sleepless nights are paid in smiles.
- Life just got real! Buckle up, it’s sure to be a bumpy ride.
- I see scattered toys, tons of diapers, and sleepless nights in your future. Let the fun begin!
- The greatest gifts really do come in small packages. Congrats on your little one!
- Cheers to the new appreciation for the words “me time” you will soon have!
- Hope you enjoy your baby shower! It’s the last party you’ll be going to in a long time.
- Excited to see you’re having a baby, and even more that I’m not. I’ll drink to that!
- A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, savings smaller, and a home happier.
- Having a baby means you’ll finally feel excited about having your in-laws over.
- So you decided to have a baby? Great, can’t wait to meet your new master.
Baby Shower Wishes For Girls
- Can’t wait to meet your beautiful daughter and best wishes to you both.
- May your baby girl have your grace, beauty, and strength.
- A precious baby girl will fill your heart and home with love and joy.
- Can’t wait to see your baby girl’s smile. She’s going to be one lucky princess.
- Wishing you a safe delivery. Know that your baby girl is already so loved by many.
- Boss ladies raise boss babies. Can’t wait to see you be the most amazing mom to your baby girl.
- God bless you and your sweet baby girl.
- A baby girl is the world’s most beautiful miracle. Cherish every second of it and best wishes to you both.
- May your little warrior be as fierce and sassy as her mama.
- Your daughter will now hold your hearts for the rest of your life. I’m excited to see you be the most wonderful parents to your little angel.
Baby Shower Messages for Boys
- We’re excited to meet your ray of sunshine. Best wishes on your baby boy’s arrival.
- Can’t wait to meet the new handsome man in your life. I’m sure he’s a keeper!
- Your little prince is so lucky to have you as parents. Wishing your family lots of happiness and health.
- I hope your baby boy’s life is filled with happiness, love and adventure.
- Oh boy! Let the adventure begin. Congrats on your little crusader.
- Sending lots of love to your little man. May he always be healthy and safe.
- Congrats on your new baby boy. With you as parents, he’s sure to be one handsome and kind little boy.
- Sorry dad, this little boy is about to steal mom’s heart.
- This baby boy is going to be the greatest blessing. Excited to see how much joy and laughter he’s sure to bring to your home.
- You’re having a boy! I’m sure it’ll be endless sticky fingers, plenty of cardio, and a home filled with laughter.
Best Baby Shower Quotes
- “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” –Shakespeare
- “A baby is as pure as an angel and as fresh as a blooming flower.” —Debasish Mridha
- “Making the decision to have a child––it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body” —Elizabeth Stone
- “Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.” —Kate Douglas Wiggin
- “Children reinvent your world for you.” —Susan Sarandon
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die.” —Mary Mason
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” —Eda J. Le Shan
- “A baby is born with a need to be loved—and never outgrows it.” —Frank A. Clark
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” —Lish McBride
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” —Milton Berle
Baby Sprinkle Messages
- You’re already such wonderful parents. Can’t wait to see you raise another amazing child.
- What could be more wonderful than having a baby? Having a second baby, congrats!
- Your family is about to get even more awesome! Can’t wait to meet your little one.
- Now that you’re pros, it’ll be easier, right? Congrats on your newest addition.
- You’re having a new baby? What’s wrong with the old one?
- Here comes more trouble! Excited to meet your newest little one.
- May you continue to raise wonderful children that fill your home with joy, fun, and laughter.
- Excited to see [NAME] become the most amazing brother/sister. Congratulations on your growing family.
- Can’t wait to witness the wonder that will come with your newest little one.
- So happy to know that there will be yet another mini you. I’m sure you’ll do just as good at raising your little bundle as the first time around.
Tips For Hosting a Baby Shower
There is a lot to consider when planning for a baby shower. Between inviting all of her most important friends and family members to putting together a baby shower registry, to choosing the right day and place to hold the event, you’ll want to make sure her day is well thought out and enjoyable for everyone. If you’ll be hosting or helping out with any baby shower preparations, keep reading for some helpful tips. By following our baby shower etiquette recommendations and these tips, you will help throw an unforgettable baby shower for the expecting parents.
Consult The Mom-To-Be
The easiest way to plan a successful baby shower is to ask what the mom wants. (It’s always that way, isn’t it?) To make sure this happens, create an organized list you can check off as you plan to make sure you don’t forget any of the important details she mentions. If she doesn’t like being the center of attention, you might want to plan some non-traditional baby shower activities. Consider creating a fun baby-shower themed word find for everyone to complete or a matching game.
Register For Baby Shower Gifts
If you’re hosting a baby shower or baby sprinkle, make it easy for guests to get a gift both baby and mom actually need. Check with the mom-to-be beforehand on whether she’d like to register herself or needs some help putting her list together. From clothing, cribs, strollers, and toys, there is a lot that goes into creating a baby shower registry which is why it’s so important to ask her what she wants. Find out what they have and check-in with friends for their favorite baby-related items. Every parent has one baby item that became crucial.
Send Invites Early
Sending your baby shower invitations at the right time will give your guests enough time to plan, RSVP, and go out and buy the perfect gift for the mommy-to-be. This will also help you when booking your caterer and making party favors. We usually recommend mailing them 4- to 6-weeks before the baby shower. Be sure to use one of our custom envelopes in addition to our personalized address labels featuring beautiful floral designs and classic styles to add a nice touch to the invite.
Keep Food And Drinks Simple
A baby shower doesn’t have to be extravagant to be memorable. Find a few tasty yet simple food and drink options and put together a beautiful table setup or snack bar. Consider creating a taco stand for everyone to create their own and serve light refreshments such as water, lemonade, and iced-tea. For some budget-friendly decor, consider searching for a few baby shower printables.
Create A Checklist
Planning a baby shower or big event of any kind needs to be organized, especially if there are many guests attending. Put together a checklist to stay on track of all those small baby shower details. If you’re co-hosting, be sure to split up the tasks by category such as food and utensils, decorations, and party favors to make your party planning a breeze.
Ask For Help
Event planning is a lot of work so be sure to ask for help from close friends and family of the mom-to-be who know her the very best. Keep in mind that many items such as creating a guest list, choosing the theme, and writing thank you cards can be left to the future parents. As the mother opens her gifts, be sure that you or someone else takes care to write down the name of the person that bought her a gift. This way, when it’s time to write and send out thank you cards, it’s easier for the mother to write them out.
Choose The Right Date And Time
Baby showers are usually held during the day and weekends. If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend scheduling your baby shower outside of meal times. This way, people won’t be expecting a full meal and you can stick with small treats like finger foods and light refreshments.
Baby showers are also held 6- to 8-weeks before the baby is due. This gives the future parents plenty of time to decorate the nursery with their new gifts and start planning for the baby’s arrival.
Plan Fun Games And Activities
Nothing says baby shower like tons of fun baby games and activities. An important factor to always consider when planning and putting together a baby shower is keeping all the guests who attend happy and entertained. Consult with the mom-to-be on the type of activities she’d like to have and be sure to add them to the day’s itinerary.
Now that you’ve gathered some inspiration, you’re ready to wish the new parents all the joy in the world with their little one. For a unique baby shower gift, print one of these baby shower messages on a canvas to create beautiful hanging wall art for their baby’s nursery. It’s sure to make a gift they’ll treasure for years to come.
Think of a theme and an overall design for the baby shower, and get started making personalized baby shower invitations.